Friday, January 12, 2024

Noel says OT teaching him about life balance

Noel with young supporters on Monday night.

Kilcullen's Noel O'Connell says his Operation Transformation gig is teaching him not to feel guilty about taking time off from work, writes Brian Byrne.
"That's what I used to do," he told the Diary about his first couple of weeks on the popular RTE show. "This is what I want, to find a bit of life balance."
He also says the dietary advice that is part of the programme from the team of health experts is already working. "That's very big for me, I'm down to around 1,500 calories a day instead of about 4,000. I already feel my energy levels are up."
On Monday, leading some 270 Kilcullen people for a 5km walk on the first night of the 2024 Kilcullen GAA Lights Up series, he thanked everyone for coming out to support him as an OT leader. "Kilcullen never ceases to amaze me ... you are a fantastic crowd," he told them. 
Noel will be leading the Kilcullen GAA Lights Up walks every Monday up to 12 February.

Photographs use Policy — Privacy Policy