Thursday, November 08, 2018

CE of Transport Authority on diminished bus services

Owen Keegan, Anne Graham, Colm Brady, Dr Cara Augustenburg, Sheila Struyck, and moderator Vincent Wall, at the GoCar event.
Your editor was at a panel discussion event yesterday on 'The Future of Multi-modal Mobility', which is essentially looking at the most efficient ways of getting around, writes Brian Byrne.

As it happened, I got the opportunity to ask a question from the floor of one of the panellists, Anne Graham, chief executive of the National Transport Authority (in the red jacket above). I asked her about the reduced national bus services for small towns like Kilcullen, which have effectively been 'abandoned'. I hadn't expected or planned for the opportunity, so my figures were 'top of the head', but the situation isn't.

I got the stock answer, and there was no chance of a follow-up question by which I could have addressed some of her points. But you can hear the question and answer here.

Maybe we can do something about her last few words?





Photographs use Policy — Privacy Policy