Monday, December 06, 2010

Butterflies: a reaction

The butterfly strikes again, after 30 years, writes Jim Collins.

My view is, that the present TDs have lost touch with the the people and the people have definitely lost faith and touch with the TDs. For example, during the present adverse weather conditions, with six TDs representing Co Kildare, I have not heard one comment from any of these people regarding the day-to-day difficulties of their constituents; they must have no contact with the people of Kildare.

Would anyone walk through the snow to vote for these representives? I don't think so.

I have a suggestion: pay the TDs their present high salaries and expenses but have half the number of TDs in the Dail, or else keep the present number of TDs and cut their present salaries in half. If one were starting or running a business, would you employ any of the people at present in the Dail? Looking at their track record, I for one would not.