Sunday, July 10, 2005

Capers CD available

I recently wrote a piece on my Mariseo's House website that recalled the marvellous years of Kilcullen Capers.

And just yesterday I resurrected the only copy of a 42-minute radio-style documentary that I recorded and produced on the occasion of the 1982 Capers, the tenth season. It has many recognisable voices, some of them sadly gone, others now in the full blush of maturity. Above all it is a fount of memories of one of those times in Kilcullen when community was particularly strong.

I've transferred that rare and fragile tape recording to the more durable format of CD. If anyone would like a copy, get in touch. The cost is negotiable with yourself, in the form of a small or even a large donation directly to the 'Jockey Hospital' hospice on the Curragh.

Brian Byrne.