Saturday, September 14, 2024

Thank you, all


A get-together of contributors to The Bridge magazine last evening also turned out to be a celebration of my recent 80th birthday, writes Brian Byrne. I was quite overwhelmed, and I'd just like to put on record my thanks and appreciation to everyone involved for their good wishes, cards, great company and chat.
I was presented with a framed cartoon commissioned by The Bridge from Niamh O'Connor. Looking through all the elements, Niamh certainly captured me. It also reminds me that I'm not picking up my guitar nearly as much as I should do, and that I didn't get my bicycle out this summer at all. Both things I will rectify.
More importantly, to all the people in Kilcullen who do the things that we report on in The Bridge and on the Diary, and to those who contribute to the magazine issue on issue to make sure that those things, and the heritage of our town's past, are properly recorded, a deep and heartfelt thanks for helping to make us the community that we are.
(The September issue of The Bridge is now on sale. Usual places.)

Photographs use Policy — Privacy Policy