Monday, October 04, 2021

James and Emma, marathoners

Pic: James Nolan Facebook.

James and Emma Nolan from Kilcullen were among those who completed the Deep RiverRock Belfast City Marathon yesterday, writes Brian Byrne.

There were more than 5,700 entries to the event which started off from Stormont Castle and followed a 42.1km route through the streets of the city. It was the 39th running of the marathon in the city, and the first for two years because of the pandemic.

"Emma and I are so proud to have completed our first “Live” Marathon in Belfast today," kidney transplant athlete James posted on his Facebook page afterwards. "We both feel so privileged to have been able to participate and I know how lucky I am to be healthy enough to to take part, thanks to my sister, Catherine for giving me the Gift of Life which has enabled me to do so many things in life."

Emma has been training for the event with Newbridge AC as part of the club's Fit For Life programme, undertaking roads and speed track sessions, and long training runs at weekends.


Photographs use Policy — Privacy Policy