Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Markus is taking a new turn



After four years of working to build a landscape gardening business in the Kilcullen area, Markus Pedersen is taking a new turn in his life to work on a breeding stud farm, writes Brian Byrne.

The opportunity came 'out of the blue', he says, and he felt it was one he couldn't refuse because he has always loved land and animals. "I can remember back to when I was as young as four years old, helping my dad feed animals and check the sheep on the farm. So it is definitely in my blood and is a true vocation for me."

Markus's plans have always included a hope to buy a small farm in the future, and this opportunity to work on an 80-acre stud farm will give him invaluable experience for when he achieves that.

He says it wasn't an easy decision, last December, when he was offered the chance to add a new chapter to the story of his life. "I had been running my business and it was going from strength to strength. I was taking on new and bigger projects as my skill-set and contacts grew."

It was also a very satisfying work, mainly around Kilcullen, where he found the people 'very kind and generous'. "I could help people fall back in love with their outside spaces, which they may have been finding challenging to maintain."

Markus worked a lot with Albert Keenan. As a team they were especially prominent locally during the bad snow of a couple of years ago, helping many people and families who had been stranded in their homes. He was also an active member of Kilcullen Community Action.

As he makes this change, he says he'd like to thank all in the area who help make Kilcullen a fantastic place to do business.


Photographs use Policy — Privacy Policy