Tuesday, January 01, 2019

Very generous response to Liver Transplant Unit night

A total of €5,204 was raised for the Liver Transplant Unit in St Vincent's Hospital at last night's event in Walls of The Priory, writes Brian Byrne.

Aoife Sully, who organised the fundraiser in conjunction with a GoFundMe appeal for the Unit, says she is thrilled at the generous response.

"I had a figure of €1,000 in my head when I started, and I'm just shocked at all the support I received," she said last evening.

Thomas Wall provided a €500 hamper for the Draw, which was won by Andrew James Nolan. "Thanks to all who donated on my go fund me page and to everyone who bought lines for the hamper draw, to all who came on the night. Thanks to Micheal and Teresa Wall and all the staff.

"I was also kindly sponsored with eight spot prizes, which were won by Craig Keegan, Annette McMahon, Mag O'Connor, Conor Kearney, Fergus Russell, Tom Crampton, and Cian Sully. Thanks again, everyone."

A cheque will be presented to the Liver Transplant Unit shortly.

Aoife was diagnosed with Autoimmune Hepatitis at the age of 11 and was this year found to have a severe cirrhosis of the liver.

Photographs use Policy — Privacy Policy