Monday, October 01, 2018

Double celebration for Hazel

Just a quick shout out to our local author Hazel Gaynor this morning to say well done on two counts, writes Brian Byrne.

Her latest novel, 'The Lighthouse Keeper's Daughter' reached number seven in the Irish Times Top Ten Original Fiction on Saturday

Also, 'Last Christmas in Paris', which she co-wrote with Heather Webb, has won the 2018 Star Award from the Women's Fiction Writers Association in America.

"We're both absolutely jumping for joy," Hazel reported on her Facebook page, from the 'Refreshers Week' at The Inspiration Project she has established for writers with fellow authors Carmel Harrington and Catherine Howard.

I'm currently reading Hazel's latest book (hard to find enough time as I've also been trying to finish the October 'Bridge' which hopefully will be on sale next weekend).

Also, I read 'Last Christmas in Paris' at one sitting last Christmas, while flying across the Atlantic to visit family, and I find I've been remiss in not posting a review of it ... I'll get to that sometime soon.

Well done, Hazel, and Heather.

Photographs use Policy — Privacy Policy