Sunday, August 05, 2018

Recalling a solo singing debut

He's going to kill me for this, but do you recognise this guy? writes Brian Byrne.

Yep, it's our own Roy Thompson, troubadour extraordinary, when he was young and fresh-faced and doing his first solo gig, in the Spout.

That was nearly 17 years ago ...

I came across the story while looking for something else, which I had written for my then Kildare Net News (KNN) website, where my colleague Trish Whelan and I first experimented with an internet news service.

It was in many ways the forerunner of the Kilcullen Diary, which I established after we had closed KNN because it was taking up too much of our working time.

The original story is below. Click to make it bigger.



Kilcullen Diary Policy on Photographs. Kilcullen Diary Privacy Policy.