Saturday, January 06, 2018

A year's tale, things gone by and things to come

Cliona Kelliher is a maker of luxury soy candles in Kilcullen, and has a blog on her Purity Belle Candles website. This is a guest post of her thoughts on the turn into 2018.

Reflecting on the year gone by, what 2017 has meant to me, has been a kind of bittersweet experience, writes Cliona Kelliher. I'm never one for New Year's Resolutions, I feel that instigating a process of change should come after pondering for a while, and consciously coming to a decision that you want to adjust something in your life. Probably not the best idea to do that as an impulse or some kind of obligation to yourself that might fail and make you feel inadequate.

Reading back over previous blog posts, I realised that it has been quite some time since I wrote anything. There are many reasons for this; lack of time, lack of energy and most of all, lack of enthusiasm. I think, for me, that 2017 slowly sapped and eroded my enthusiasm over the weeks and months. It wasn't even something that I was aware of until Christmas, when I just couldn't muster an iota of positivity. I'm pretty much the biggest Christmas fan ever, so for me not to feel the happy buzz was a bit of an eye-opener. I think it has all been a confluence of events and responsibilities that worked together to wear me down.

READ MORE