Tuesday, October 31, 2017

New Local Area Representative appointed by Fine Gael

A Ballymore woman has been appointed as Local Area Representative for the Naas Municipal District by the Fine Gael Party, writes Brian Byrne.

She's Evie Sammon (24), and she'll be assisting Cllr Billy Hillis and Deputy Martin Heydon (pictured with her above) with their constituency work in Kilcullen, Ballymore, Brannockstown, Two Mile House and Caragh.

Evie currently works as Secretarial Assistant to the Tanaiste and Minister for Business, Enterprise and Innovation, Frances Fitzgerald TD. She received her primary and secondary education in Ballymore and Naas, and subsequently graduated from the University of Limerick with a degree in Politics and International Relations.

Becoming a Local Area Representative is often a precursor to other political position, and she makes no secret of an ambition to go further in politics. "I did my thesis on Gender Quotas, and one of my interests is to secure more places for women in politics," she said on the announcement of her new role. "So I might as well put my money where my mouth is and give it a go myself."