Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Motorist brutality in Sunbury

What kind of people are these? asks Brian Byrne.

This is a picture of the latest, mindless brutal treatment of the grass on my road by some idiotic kind of motorist.

Over the years I have many times asked people I find parked wheels up on the strip of grass, what they were doing? Rarely did I get contrition, or even acknowledgement of being in the wrong. At best, excuses, like, 'I'm only here for a minute', or 'I'm trying to make it easier for passing cars'.

Not the point, people. There's a kerb for a reason, to protect the grass. And there are good manners too, and modicums of thoughtfulness for others. None of which seems to have been part of their upbringing. (And women are as bad as men, in my experience.)

Do you seriously believe that you're good motorists? Good people? Good ... anything?

I raise my eyes to Heaven. Again.