Friday, August 05, 2005

A Letter from Boise

Hi Brian,

I thought I would drop another line to say hi from the USA. I have enjoyed July’s issue of the diary. Last month I was able to find a photo of my mom, Ethna Dempsey, on there and my kids just loved seeing Granny from Ireland.



My sister Annie has said it has been quite hot over in Kilcullen, but I think we beat you guys out at 106 F, at least in Idaho. Some parts of the country have been 120F. This has been quite far the hottest summer we have had in years and water is so scarce, it is hard to keep the grass alive let alone green. Global warming at it’s best!!  We put up a 15 ft by 4 ft pool for the kids and we all as a family have spent endless hours in there to stay cool.

I almost enjoy going to work each day as I can take advantage of the air conditioner my company provides.

I work for a local bank, Banner Bank, as a Branch Manager. I have been in the banking business for 13 years now. My husband is a stay at home fulltime dad, who is awesome with our three children, James, 14, Christopher, 8, and Erin, 5. Over here it is very common to have Dads be the main care provider and Moms work fulltime. It all comes down to whose income is the best and who can stay home without going crazy with the children.

The kids are about ready to head back to school here but one more month to go. However, several local schools have what’s called “an optional track” meaning children go to school year round and have four breaks of three weeks throughout the year. Works very well, as kids don’t get so bored with 90 consecutive days off and parents don’t feel like they are going crazy.

Well that’s about it for now. I hope everyone is enjoying summer. Fall will be here only too soon.
 
Sincerely,
 
Mary B Frazer,
Boise, Idaho, USA.