Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A taste of fame

Jeffrey Hovenden Keane, the 13 year old who recently won the RTE ‘It’s My Show’ contest to find a young TV presenter, is getting ready to host an episode of ‘ICE’ on the station before the end of the month.

Jeffrey Hovenden Keane“I’m a bit apprehensive, but I’m looking forward to it because it’s a great chance for me,” the Calverstown youngster told the Diary. “You wouldn’t know where it might bring me in the future.”

And Jeffrey is already experiencing the first effects of fame. When he went back to school at Newbridge College last week he found himself the focus of a lot of attention from his classmates.

“And over Christmas, when the family in a hotel restaurant in Limerick, one of the waitresses asked was I that ‘famous boy from television’,” he grinned.

Jeffrey attends the local Talented Kids Performing Arts School and Agency, run by Maureen Ward. The school’s pupils have been placed in a number of TV series and even movies, including RTE’s ‘Fair City’.

Brian Byrne.

NOTE: You can read the full extent of Kilcullen involvement in TV and film in this week's Kildare Nationalist.