Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A note to the Diary

Dear Brian,

This evening I received an email from my cousin in San Francisco apropos your piece on the Donnelly's Hollow Pageants. This contains a picture of his grandmother, my grand-aunt, together with her son and daughter. It was a delight to see this as none of us were aware of its existence.

After reading the aforementioned article I then began to read through Diary articles, working backwards, and am now bleary eyed but reluctant to stop, having been at it for hours. I have been transported back in time to the Kilcullen of my youthful summer holidays and my schooldays, not to mention places further afield, by virtue of your wonderful postcards. I shall continue my trawl backwards tomorrow, and no doubt will probably stay too long in front of the computer again.

I just wanted to say thank you for making such a marvellous compendium of 'Kilcullenabilia'. It's fascinating, and probably addictive too.

By the way, I now live in Dromahair, Co Leitrim. My parents (my mother is Dorothy Myers, originally of Main Street and Mile Mill) visited at Christmas and on a trip to the local pub, came across another Kilcullenite - one Gary Byrne. It certainly is a small world.

Thank you again,

Best regards,

Bernadette Linnane.