Thursday, December 24, 2015

Hill walk day for Mountain Rescue

On 29 December 2012 while out hill walking on the Spinc Boardwalk, I fell and broke my leg and had to be airlifted to Tallaght Hospital, writes Maureen Keogh.

While waiting for the Coast Guard helicopter, 16 crew from the Wicklow Mountain Rescue were dispatched to my aid. The care and attention, both my family and I received was greatly appreciated.

I have since made a full recovery and am now back hill walking. I would like to invite everyone to join me on a relaxed walk on the Spinc Boardwalk to raise much needed funds for Mountain Rescue, which is all carried out on a voluntary basis. All donations received will go directly to Mountain Rescue.

If you need any further information, please contact Niall on 087 2157247.

Date: Sunday 27 December 2015.
Walk: Spinc Boardwalk, return via Miners road.
Duration: 4 hours.
Start point: Visitors Centre Carpark, Glendalough.
Start time: 10am.
Equipment needed: Hiking Boots, Wet Gear, Lunch and Water.
Cost: Donations to Mountain Rescue on the Day.

*Weather permitting.
*All walkers are responsible for their own safety.